Friday, October 26, 2007

PDD route changes: stream crossing: yes, private property: no

OK, I rode part of the course this morning... on my fixed gear. First off, not a good idea. There was more tacking going on than the America's Cup on a calm day.

For climb #1, we are going to modify the route up La Collina a little. We will go right at the restaurant and then turn left up Rockland St. to the KOM at Highhland.

Climb #4 will now be Righter's Mill Rd. After Hollow Rd we will come down Conshohochen State and instead of making a hard right at the bottom of the hill on Mill Creek we will keep going past the light, and turn right on Righter's Mill. There is a little stream crossing here, but it is totally rideable. The road gets pretty steep and the pavement is grooved after the first part. There is a church at the top around the KOM. Afterwards, we will go back down the hill a bit, left on Greaves, right on Conshohocken State and left on Mill Creek to Rose Glen for climb #5.

The old climb #6, Cedar Ave. in Conshohocken is out. It is pretty steep, but not all that long and being that it ends in someones driveway it was the first to go.

I was seriously considering Bryn Trydden rd. but I don't want to piss off the locals too much being that there are a bunch of private property climbs. However, this is one I highly recommend riding if you get the chance to ride on your own sometime. Very epic!

A couple other notes:

- I will update the route profile soon and post it here.
- I hope to pre-ride the course again next week with Annie and get some helmet cam footage of the climbs
- I will post a little description and my advice for each of the climbs
- If there is anyone out there that would like to do the ride but not compete, I could definitely use an extra body to sit half way down the climb, tell people when to turn, and watch out for traffic of course. I will ride ahead of the group and score everyone at the top. Hopefully if I have a 5 minute head start, no one will pass me :)

2 comments:

Jae2029 said...

colin.

I'll help out. I'm going to do the ride, but I don't think that i am going to race it because I need to be awake for our party that night! Let me know.


-jason

Mike said...

Dude you need to be racing this thing with us, not scoring at the top! If Chew can do it you can too.