Monday, November 5, 2007

Thank you & suggestions

The Philadelphia Dirty Dozen was a huge success and I want to thank everyone who showed up. The weather did not completely cooperate and it was 46 degrees and rainy at the start, but it got a lot nicer throughout the ride. Congratulations to the winners, Mike Stubna and Maria Collazo and also a big thank you to Ryan Oelkers for leading the riders from climb to climb and to Jason Cole and Fred Billet for riding with me from climb to climb and turn marshaling.

I will have points posted soon and I will try to post any videos and pictures that people send me. I hope this can become an annual event and I welcome any suggestions anyone may have to improve the ride in the future. So far, suggestions have been:

- Drop Barren Hill
- Add Waverly Rd.
- Add New Gulph Rd.
- Add Delhaven St. (off of Balligomingo rd)
- Official sprint point in the middle of the ride
- Record names of all finishers
- Take a picture of all finishers
- Prizes for the winners
- Spring event in addition to the fall event
- Support vehicle with food & beverages
- Colin should race it & get someone else to score the points
- Danny Chew should ride out from Pittsburgh and race it
- Band at the finish
- Keg at the finish

3 comments:

Jae2029 said...

Thanks for organizing. This was awesome!

-Spring Event: DEFINITELY
-Add Shawmont. (Long climb with a kicker at the end.)
-T-Shirts! ('I did the Dirty Dozen and all Colin gave me was this shitty T-shirt')
-Negative points for dropping out (which would carry over to the next year.)
-are the Burgh climbs the same every year?
-If there is a Spring Dozen, I think that I know of a house on Leverington were we could put a keg.

Jae2029 said...

I meant Lyceum Street, not Leverington.

Captain Insano said...

-Shawmont is tough because you have to blow through a stop sign at a busy intersection. Otherwise I think it would be good.

- T-shirts would be good, although most people end up just throwing them out. Mike gives away socks to the Iron Cross finishers and finishing (or buying them at www.steepplanet.com) is the only way to get them

- The Pittsburgh climbs are the same every year, but I think it took Danny a few years of the event to finalize them.